Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 7 April 2024

Stormy Waters.

Storm Kathleen arrived before dark yesterday and what a storm it was. Although we  were completely sheltered from the wind by the hill behind us the rain was something else. It absolutely bucketed down all evening and again during the night. 
By morning the rain had eased but the sea was very rough with the high tide crashing into the back yards of the beach side houses.
Then out came the sun as I sat there listening to the waves booming into the cliff with the occasional plume of spray shooting high in the air.
It looked as if we were going to have a fine and windy day so full of enthusiasm I put the sheets in the wash. By the time I got to hang them out on the line the first drops of rain were falling. I decided to take a chance that the wind would be stronger than the rain but I was wrong. I began work in the garden as the rain got heavier and heavier and by the time I decided to wait it out indoors the washing was soaking wet and not worth bringing in. By the end of the afternoon the washing was still quite wet which resulted in a long ironing session to get at least some of it dry.
Later in the morning the RNLI boat was out practising tackling rough waves. I think they had fun though they must have got a thorough soaking.

Yes, they are still there.

Back to the station for a cuppa.
Once the worst of the rain had passed I carried on working in the garden. I rearranged the path slabs and bits of stone before emptying out the second dumpy bag. Two more bags of gravel should be enough to keep anything from growing upwards. We had more rain later on and for a short time an intense golden sunset. 

No comments: