Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 11 April 2024

Happiness.

Happiness for me today was a pile of gravel and the fact that it wasn't raining. The delivery man craned the bags over the hedge and cut them open so I had two nice piles of gravel waiting to be dealt with. As soon as I could I was out there raking the gravel over the bottom half of the garden. It was much easier than carrying it in a bucket but I think that it wouldn't have been so easy to rake the initial layer over the bare soil. I was able to get the whole lot spread out before it was time for class. The delivery man also brought me six more paving slabs which I've already put in place. 
I intended to go out after class to lay the paving slabs properly using a spirit level but having changed into my work clothes the minute I set foot outside it began to rain. And not just the intermittent drizzle that the forecaster had said but proper rain. (Peter says he knew because his knee is twinging like mad.) I waited a while but the rain set in and I ended up staying inside.
Earlier there were plenty of people on the beach, making the best of a damp week I suppose but once the rain came there were just a few hardy dog walkers and a lone fisherman.
Off later to disco aerobics, good for the heart and the mind.
 

No comments: