Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 6 April 2024

Storm Kathleen.

Although I've read that dozens of flights and ferries have been cancelled so far here it's just been very windy and much warmer than of late. Let's hope that's the worst of Storm Kathleen for us. As soon as I was up I rushed to get the washing done and out on the line to take advantage of the warm wind.
This morning, for a very short time we were bathed in a wonderful golden morning light but all too quickly things turned grey though the sun has been shining at times too.
Whatever the weather I was determined to carry on emptying the dumpy bags and apart from a shower that sent us fetching the washing back indoors the showers were so brief that the wind dried me off almost before I had noticed it was raining.
I made good progress in the garden leaving only half a bag to be dealt with tomorrow. I also set out the six new paving slabs along the line of the path and put down some stone paving offcuts to see how my idea looks. I expect that after more time spent gazing at the garden I may well be moving those around to see what works best. The robin came down to see what I was doing but apart from three worms that were underneath the first dumpy bag when I moved it he was out of luck.
The wind and the waves began to pick up in the afternoon bringing out a couple of surfers, this kite surfer who went a very long way out to sea and one wing surfer who had difficulty holding the wing up in the air. There were lots of 'drowned butterfly' moments.


 

No comments: