Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 23 April 2024

Nearly Done.

It was wintry grey again first thing and we even had some light drizzle. It wasn't until later in the afternoon that the wind picked up (a lot) bringing clear blue skies.
I had an early start today and by 8.00 I'd done the morning routine and was out using the pressure washer on the slabs by the back door. My plan was really to wash the slabs in the front garden but the dirty water from the path outside the utility room would run all the way down to the steps and make a mess of the slabs in the front garden so needed doing first. I was making such an early start because the soil delivery was due today and once the bag was inside the gate I wouldn't be able to get the pressure washer past it. As it turned out the soil and some wood didn't arrive until later in the afternoon just as I was putting the pressure washer away after cleaning all the remaining slabs in the back garden.
The builders turned up this morning to fit the rest of the balustrade but as the eagle eyed will have spotted they couldn't fit the last glass panel. The company had forgotten to include the fittings with either of the two deliveries that brought the glass and metal work. Each time I asked the driver to check if there were any extra boxes which there weren't. The parts are being sent tomorrow by courier after which the last glass panel can be installed. After baking another Bara Brith as the stocks were getting low I went out to continue the pressure washing. This involved quite a lot of shifting of paving slabs and concrete blocks so I'm glad I've got Pilates tonight.
Mrs Blackbird enjoying a bath.


 

2 comments:

gz said...

Hi via Weave's blog.
Well done on starting to learn Welsh...Dal ati! So many don't bother.
Looks like you have a lot to do .but it's looking good

Ruta M. said...

Diolch yn fawr. Dw i'n mwynhau garddio bob dydd os hi'n braf neu os hi'n (typyn) bwrw glaw.