Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 12 April 2024

Warmth.

Warmth and more joy today in the form of mountains of stones in the front garden.
Having missed out on my riding lesson this week I still needed to go into town to do the shopping. But first I went to the builders' merchants on the industrial estate on the far side of town. There I ordered four dumpy bags of yellow flint and also four paving slabs which I took with me so I could get them laid before the stones arrived. After doing the shopping and having a wander round the charity shops I got home to be told by Peter that the stones were on their way. At which point I spotted the lorry already at the bottom of the garden. Leaving Peter to unpack the shopping I went out to watch as the delivery driver skilfully manoeuvred the crane to tip the stones as far up the garden as he could. He had needed to bring the lorry up to a garage in a nearby village for a service and thought he'd check if there were any deliveries he could make at the same time. Hence the speedy delivery.
With a combination of raking and carrying in a bucket I was able to get quite a bit of the ground covered and we're both pleased with the way it looks. No prizes for guessing what I'll be doing tomorrow.



 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Lots of work moving those stones around. Have done it plenty of times. :)