Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 10 July 2019

Cooler.

Cooler again today with a good drying breeze. It was still nice enough to spend a while sitting outside chatting and watching the swallows above. Earlier I mowed the lawn and the main grass which is all getting a bit dry. While my neighbour cut her section I tidied up the edge along the path, cutting and clearing the soil and plants that were growing over the path. As the central grass is really the council's responsibility I felt justified at tipping out the soil etc. on a bit of waste ground by to the steps that lead down to the next road. I have to say it does look a lot better now.
When we went downstairs this morning Speedy had his cone off and had licked his feet, not too badly but I wish he hadn't. 
This evening was choir so I thought I'd post a couple of photos from Saturday's trip to Lynmouth. Next week's practice is the last of the term so we will be having some nibbles. I think I'll be making ……. Rocky Road. That will use up the rest of the marshmallows that I've managed not to scoff. It's Green Man Day on the 20th and we'll be giving a concert in the church followed by drinks, food and relaxed singing in the pub in the evening. Tonight we ran through the concert songs including the seaweed song. We've upped the speed which at least means we get to the end more quickly.
Me in shorts and black vest (surprise, surprise) next to Jackie our choir leader. 
Peter in his gig club top with some more of the gang. The singing in the pub was lacking a few of the stronger singers but you can see a couple of short clips here and here.
An update regarding yesterday's events. In brief, it was a non-accidental injury and the chap had to be air-lifted to the main hospital in Plymouth. 

No comments: