Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 27 July 2019

Windy.

The wind has changed to a north-easterly bringing a distinct coolness to the air. There was a lot of cloud in the morning which later cleared giving a warmer afternoon. 
While Peter went off to do the shopping I hoovered the house, did my usual kitchen tidy and then ran right out of energy so basically did nothing else but put my feet up. After a lot of coughing and spluttering in the morning my voice is now reduced to a croak. I'm so thankful that this cold waited until now as I would have been  very disappointed to miss singing with the choir last Saturday. 
Earlier I glanced  out of my study window to see the two neighbours' boys (about 8 & 10) looking into our garden. I knew they had been playing cricket,with a light plastic ball, out on the grass so I hung out of the window to ask them if they had lost their ball. They had and I told them they were welcome to look in the garden for it. It took them a long time checking under all the plants until they eventually found it nestled in the top of the 'blob' bush by the front door. These well mannered boys often play football or cricket out on the grass. Children should be outdoors as much as possible in my opinion though in these days of increased traffic and adults fears many children spend their time in their own homes or gardens if they are lucky enough to have them. 
Just for fun the other day I looked at 'houses for sale in Borth' and there was the first bungalow we looked at back on the market at £20K more than when we looked at it. How lucky we were that the owner got greedy and pulled out of the sale.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad to hear you got some relief from the heat wave.
I agree, kids should be outside playing!!!