Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 8 July 2019

Sunny.

It's Peter's birthday today, not quite 70. Where did the years go? We only give each other small presents but this time I also got him this frame. Peter got the print from somebody who'd made them as a fund raiser for the gig club but hadn't got round to framing it. I took the measurements and got this beachy frame and mount to display the print properly. I suggested going to the beach for a Sri Lankan curry but he'd been thinking about getting a kebab. He only gets one occasionally for a treat because they are not very healthy and yes I indulged in one small strip of the meat too.
The good weather continues so today I worked in the front garden refurbishing this old lab stool which we use as a side table. I used the electric sander to remove the thick varnish, paint and other stains before giving it plenty of Brywax. It looks a lot better now.  
The sunflowers may have been an abject failure (the little boy's ones are over 6ft with big flowers now), but the large crocosmia and the bright buddleia are doing well. Looking out from the sitting room over the orchids in the window there's quite a tropical feel to the view.

No comments: