Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 2 July 2019

Sunny.

It was sun all the way today balanced by a cooling breeze. It was the last Pilates session of the term/ school year tonight and it was so lovely to be out in the cool shade under the trees again. I shall miss our teacher and the friends I have made there.  For me it's also a goodbye to the school itself. The boys all went there so there were parents' evenings and the occasional extra visit to discuss someone's lack of completed homework or to collect large items made in technology class. Then as  teacher I took our young pupils there to dance festivals and sports afternoons as well as a few subject conferences. So goodbye to Pilton Community College aka the big school or more generally Chaddiford Lane.
A lot of my day was spent out in the garden. A little more filling and then painting of the tiny crack in the garden wall that appears and disappears with the weather. Also general collection of rose petals, deadheading and putting in some supports for the sprawling second rose bush so that the giant many petalled blooms aren't lying face down on the ground. In the front garden the blob bushes had a trim and the grass was mown. The garden is now looking neat and tidy for tomorrow's viewing.
One sound I get to enjoy on Tuesday evenings is the sound of the bell ringing practice at the church. I wonder if they do bell ringing in Borth? I have a feeling that many churches in Wales are Methodist who I don't think go in for fancy bells. Anther pleasant sound heard today while Peter and I were enjoying time in the garden was the high whistle of the swallows. Earlier in the year there were similar calls made by some small brown birds but squinting against the sun today I could see the familiar swallows' silhouettes. Right now all is quiet, only the faint hum of traffic over Radio 4 coming through my earphones and I've just heard the rumble of snoring from the bedroom.
The pretty sky at 10.00 tonight.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I guess it was a bit sad saying good-bye to the school.