Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 21 July 2019

Hedgehog Fete.

It's been a hot and muggy day and despite the dark clouds overhead not a drop of rain. I walked over to the Rugby Club for the Hedgehog Rescue Fete. I used to drive there for choir in the evenings but even at my sedate walking pace it was only a 15 minute stroll. It was quite interesting looking at all the front gardens along the way. The cottages had front gardens of approx. 20 ft. x 15 ft. and ranged from carefully tended and thought out plantings through total colour chaos to neglected weed and rubbish filled spaces. One of the 'nice' gardens had an apple tree full of green apples. I'm always interested to see other peoples garden designs. This afternoon I've spent quite a lot of time looking at coastal gardens and writing lists of sea air tolerant plants. I took myself out to do some weeding and pruning in the back garden but for some reason I'm a little tired today.
I like the Hedgehog Fete because not only can I support our local wildlife but it gives me a chance to pick up some hedgehog related items for Sally who has a fondness of hedgehogs. Just in case she happens to read this post I shan't reveal exactly what I bought. As a further token of my support I bought myself some cake to have at home. 
We both woke this morning with husky voices from yesterday's singing. Even though he wasn't standing with the choir Peter joined in with a number of the songs from the audience. I'm still looking for any photos of us singing yesterday but I found this video (hopefully viewable as it's from a closed FB group) of us dancing Greek Style in the pub. The locals in the background look a little bemused at this group of, well mostly no longer youngsters, having fun.

No comments: