Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 20 September 2023

All Change.


The storm raged on through the night giving a morning of such heavy rain  we could hardly see through the windows. By high tide at 11.30 (first two photos) it was possible to see the waves crashing right up to the sea wall. Peter went down to open up the lifeboat shop on the off chance that the weather would clear up and sure enough it did. 
It stayed windy but the clouds began to clear leaving us with a lovely sunny afternoon. Having yet again abandoned my plans to go to the zoo I was determined to get on with some crocheting or else the Christmas present might end up being a later birthday present.
Once it became clear that the sun was here to stay I took myself and the crocheting outside and had a lovely afternoon. I find it the nicest way to work, sitting outside with the sun and the (warm) wind on my face and the sound of the waves in my ears.
Plenty of flowers still and the new garden gate is doing a grand job of protecting all my latest planting from the wind that used to blow across the very front of the garden.


 

1 comment:

happyone said...

It is always so nice outside after a storm.