Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 15 September 2023

Sunny.

The mild morning turned into a very nice day indeed. Good enough to hang some washing out on the line.
I spent the morning doing the household jobs including picking vast quantities of tomatoes which are now in the freezer. Eventually I was free to tackle the gate post. This time along with three other drills I brought down the extra large drill. That made drilling into the granite blocks relatively easy but I don't know how many times I walked from the bottom of the garden to the garage/workshop. First there were all the tools to bring down and then repeated trips to find the right sized drill bits, wall plugs and screws. The wall got a few extra holes drilled in it and so did the gate post but now it's done with an easy to manage rope loop holding the gate to the wall. When the strong winds come they will be blowing the gate against the wall so short of the wall falling down (which might happen) the garden plants should be nicely sheltered.
As I sat working out my latest project to use up the last of the walling blocks a red dragonfly came and perched on a plant not far from the pond. I do like to see wildlife in the garden (apart from the slugs).
My final outdoor job was cutting down the 7ft fennel plant in the herb garden. It has been a lovely feature but too big in its current position. Seedlings have been planted in better locations for next year.
Peter went out in the boat this afternoon. His damaged knee means he can't row but he was able to cox. He hurt his hand moving boxes when they had a delivery at the Lifeboat shop on Wednesday which flared up into an arthritic attack making his hand swollen and painful but luckily it had calmed enough for him to go out today. He would be very miserable if he couldn't get out on the water at all.

 

No comments: