Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 8 September 2023

Dolphins and a Toothbrush.

Another very warm day with a low level haze that looked like smog but was a sea mist.
And what do you clean with a toothbrush? A campervan of course. Peter did the first stint of cleaning using the pressure washer then when he'd run out of steam I took over. Apart from the toothbrush which was handy for cleaning the bike carrier which has many awkward corners, I used a cloth, mop, pressure washer and our biggest ladder, the sort that folds into an A shape, to give the outside of the camper a thorough clean. This was the first time I'd been able to get to the roof which was very grubby but after four hours and many trips up and down the ladder the camper looked pretty good. Earlier I'd taken all our belongings out, aired the duvets and washed all the bedding. Before putting everything away I used the pressure washer to give our drive a clean.
I was very glad to sit down on the terrace for a rest even if the sea mist kept creeping in.
We were eating our supper outside when into view came three dolphins fishing all around the rocks. I've finally got round to the using the continuous shooting mode on my camera and took 450 photos of dolphins and the sea. Took longer to go through but I got some nice shots.
Although some of the paddleboarders did move too close the dolphins didn't seem bothered and much to everybody's delight swam even closer.
The dolphins stayed around for at least half an hour and even later as the sun was setting one was swimming very close to the beach and the last few (human) swimmers.


 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sounds like quite a job getting the camper van cleaned up!!