Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 6 September 2023

Seren.

The hot weather continues.
During the day the beach was almost deserted but once the schools were out everybody headed for the beach.
I've had a very busy day, at least for me. I was up in good time to drive to the stables for an hour's hack at 10.00. When I got to the stables it turned out that the other person on the hack was one of the RDA volunteers so we chatted all the way. Plenty of cantering this time which was fun. I rode Seren (Star) another skewbald cob like Alice but younger and a lot more forward going. We went up to the top of the hill from where we could see right across the Vale of Rheidol. My next ride will be a group lesson as I quite enjoy trying to improve my horsemanship.
From the stables I went down to the dump to get rid of more garden waste and then on to Morrisons. No traffic jams at all today now that the holidays are over. I did a bit of shopping in town and took some more clothes to the charity shop as I'd had another sort out recently. With it being so hot it was rather nice to go into shops that have air conditioning, not quite so nice was being hit with a blast of hot air as you walked out of the shops. As soon as I got home I threw some washing in the machine, put on my swimming costume and walked down to the beach for a swim. That was still before the schools were out and there were only two people in the water. (The lifeguards have gone now too.) I swam for a while once I'd got used to the cold water. Then instead of being a gentle swell the waves began to break just where I was. Not enough to make it worth while going home for my bodyboard but it made swimming harder. Especially as I won't go out of my depth. Swimming over I had a shower and then sat in the sun working on my crochet followed by Duo Lingo and getting ready for choir which was fun as usual.
This is the first official sighting of a dragonfly by the pond. It may only be a common darter but I'm taking it as a sign that wildlife will soon be coming to the pond.
Now I have my very own Palantir which sits in water and moves about in the breeze. (LOTR fans will understand this.)
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Great action shot of the heron taking off.