Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 26 October 2023

Bathroom Work Begins.

It was sunshine and showers this morning then a partial rainbow after which it stayed sunny.
The builders came and have spent the day taking off the last layer of tiles and boards from the wall. When I say boards those were a mix of plasterboard (drywall) and OSB boards laid over the original lathes. They found some old newspapers in the wall which dates the last bathroom refurb at 1988 which is when Chick and his friends moved in.
Another thing they found was that behind what we had all assumed was just a mirror on the wall above the toilet, there was actually a cupboard. I couldn't stop laughing when I realised we had lived here for over three years without realising it. Cupboard and contents have now been disposed of.
Strange to think that the sight of bare brick walls would fill me with such happiness but that is definitely the case. Sadly one of my ideas has had to be shelved. I had planned to move the heated towel rail to the space to the left of the window but the pipework underneath means it won't fit so it's going back to its original position by the door.
Building work carried on during our Zoom class. Our class mates had to put up with the banging and drilling too though hopefully it wasn't too disturbing. Peter had to resort to wearing headphones as his study is right next to the bathroom.
After class I escaped the noise and dust and headed off for a relaxing walk along the beach.
The builders were just finishing as I went off to disco aerobics. I returned home feeling better after all that leaping about (and with the usual burning knee) and then washed all the floors. The builders had put down dust sheets but there was a film of dust over the floors which I didn't want tracked everywhere. (I'm trying not to think about the dust on everything else.)
Lets see what tomorrow brings. 
 

No comments: