Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 19 October 2023

Warm.

The morning was very warm with a good wind blowing. Perfect weather for drying washing but soon after I hung the washing on the line we had a sudden deluge. I ran out to get the washing off the line and by the time I had done so I was soaking wet. There were more showers later in the day so the washing remains hanging up in the utility room.
Any red tomatoes left in the garden have become squishy. A sign that it's time to clear the tomato plants. This I did today and I've now got four bags of garden waste ready to go to the dump tomorrow. I saved a tub of green tomatoes which I'll try and ripen with the aid of a banana. While clearing the tomatoes I found yet more potatoes, a whole washing up bowl full.
In between the garden work we had our Zoom class. Today it was all about using -I will be ........ , and Will you be ..... ? Not too taxing.
It was pouring with rain when it was time for aerobics so I took the easy option and drove there for an hour of vigorous dancing. We all got extra hot today because the hall caretaker had got his days mixed up and put the heating on for an hour before class. No heating needed for aerobics but it was good to have the hall warmed up for Pilates on Tuesday.

 

1 comment:

MELODY JACOB said...

It has been raining here and it is so cold. There is also a scarcity of tomatoes.
Kindly check out my new post and give your insight: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/10/retirement-dilemma-selling-your-home-for-care-costs.html