Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 11 October 2023

Wet.

For once the yellow weather warning was spot on and we did indeed have very heavy rain. It has rained on and off all through the day.
I rang the builders' merchants first thing and the soil wasn't delivered because they hadn't received a delivery they were expecting. They changed soil suppliers and the new ones aren't quite up to the mark on their deliveries. (Welsh people tend to be very chatty which suits me as I like to chat too.) So the top soil will come as soon as they get a delivery.
While Peter went down to man the RNLI shop I pottered around and then realised I was running out of one of my tablets. It was a good thing I found this out in the morning as Wednesday is the pharmacy's half day. Yet again the pharmacy hadn't sent a text to say my prescription was ready for collection. I togged up in wet weather gear and walked down to the pharmacy to find my prescription had been sitting on the shelf for a week but hadn't been given a number and thus hadn't entered the computer system. It took them a while to find it but I'm now fully stocked up for another month. Since I was protected from the rain I came home via the beach which was very refreshing.
My afternoon has been spent trying to fit more things into the limited storage space that we have. Originally there was a wall of fitted wardrobes in each of the bedrooms plus fitted chests of drawers across one wall of our bedroom and a large airing cupboard in the bathroom. Since the renovations there is no storage apart from shelves and desks in either of the spare bedrooms which we use as our studies. There are units in the utility room but they smell damp to me. So now everything including bedding for the spare bed has to be squeezed into our wardrobes. I put some stuff up in the loft but I'm reluctant to put things in the loft as again it's a bit damp up there. This is the first time I've come across a damp loft, all our previous lofts have been as dry as anything. I'm not sure if it is a problem with our loft or something to do with being so close to the sea. Another thing to get the builder to have a look at.
I've just got time for some singing practice and then it will be time to go to choir.


 

No comments: