Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 30 October 2023

Rainbows.

Plenty of showers and a few rainbows today. I had hoped to get some washing out on the line this morning before the next big storm rolls in but by the time the machine had finished the showers began.
We knew the builders weren't coming today so we've quite a relaxing day.
After yesterday's walk I thought I'd have a gentle stroll along the beach. No sooner had I got there than the raindrops began creating spotty patterns on the grey stones but as the rain wasn't too bad I decided to carry on.
This beach is the first place I've noticed the reflective qualities of wet sand. Makes for fun compositions.
By the time I got up to the first pile of rocks the rain got heavier so I turned for home.
The shower screen arrived this morning, only the lino to come and a wall light for over the bathroom sink mirror. I'm going to fit in as many of the original mirrors stored in the garage as I can. 
Haven't done much else except potter about, crochet and run outside to photograph yet another rainbow.
I saw an article on-line about a lady who had just finished collecting beach stones with all the letters of the alphabet and I thought it would be a fun thing to do here. These are what I've found so far. I've also been looking for a piece of driftwood for a small project and while it's easy to scan the high tide line for wood as I'm walking along or look around for suitable stones it's very hard to do both at the same time.

 

No comments: