Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 24 October 2023

Good News.

A promising start to the day with just a few light showers which didn't put me off heading to the zoo, in the car of course.
With it being half-term in England this week and in Wales next week there were more families visiting. Most were clutching quiz sheets and looking for numbered information signs which they seemed to enjoy. There were a few extra exhibits in a nod to Halloween but nothing too over the top.
Last week's work in the small play area hadn't made much difference. It really needs to be very hot or very cold for hoeing to be effective. A week of rain had simply left everything very soggy. However it didn't take too long to pull out all the grass and other small weeds. That left me with time and energy to weed the gravel area by the guinea fowl.

The pigs were enjoying the sunshine and didn't move a muscle when an Atlas C1 air force plane flew low overhead.
And now for the really good news - work on the bathroom starts on Thursday, yes that's this Thursday. I can't believe it's finally happening. The shower tray is being delivered on Friday and I shall pick up the shower from the showroom and buy the sink tap and a few other bits on Friday as well. This afternoon I triple checked my measurements and calculated the number of tiles needed. I remembered to add 10% for wastage and then added two more tiles to bring the invoice up to the free delivery level. £7 for two tiles or £29 for delivery, a no brainer. What really impressed me was that even though I ordered the tiles this afternoon I was offered delivery on Thursday. I opted for Friday as the builder will just be starting work on Thursday. All that's left for me to do is to order the safety lino. It's getting very exciting.

A few more photos from last Sunday. 
Instead of taking my usual route to Pont Rhyd Y Groes I had decided to try out a more direct route. It takes me through town which is something I try to avoid but the bonus was that once I turned inland I found myself high up on the ridge on the south side of the Rheidol valley. There were amazing views but I was in a rush on the way there so planned to stop on the way home.
On the homeward journey there were not many places to stop on my side of the road. When I did stop I tried to capture the wonderful shadows cast by the late afternoon sun as well as the view down into the valley.


Far below the Rheidol river wound its way through the wide valley.
Looking northwards across the valley.

 

2 comments:

happyone said...

Oh that is good news about the bathroom work!!!

thelma said...

Lovely set of photos.