Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 16 October 2023

Mostly in the Kitchen.

A cold, wintry day with plenty of sun.
I've spent a lot of time in the kitchen today preparing for a birthday, a visit and a party. Everything is happening on Wednesday. Romas and Laura will be coming to visit for the day, much excitement there as we haven't seen them for over a year. Then in the evening it's choir where we will be singing for an hour and then celebrating our choir leader's 70th birthday. (I've now concluded that 'old' applies to people who are at least twenty years older than you are. And for myself, well age is just a number.) So far; birthday truffles have been made and a suitable box covered with nice gift paper, Rocky Road done as well and I've made chocolate decorations; curls and shards, for the cheesecake which I'll be making tomorrow. Fruit is soaking in tea for a Bara Brith as well.
I still managed to escape to the garden for a while where I finished moving all the new soil and topped the lower bed with pebbles. Left to myself I would spend all day in the garden and make do with a sandwich for supper. As it is I'm having couscous with fish (mackerel). No cooking to be done there.
A pretty sunset to end the day.
As promised, more photos of Aberystwyth Castle taken last Saturday.






 

No comments: