Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 29 September 2008

Autumn Returns.

The weather was much cooler today, sunshine and showers. I was called into work for the morning and it started to rain just as I drove home. The lanes are beginning to look more autumnal, leaves turning brown and fewer flowers. At home I tried to get some work done in the garden but apart from burning up a big pile of brambles, rain kept stopping play. I had some urgent letters to post, (usually I just give my post to our friendly postie), so I drove to the nearest post box at East Down. The boys wanted to go to the pub so I drove them down and they walked home along the footpaths.
The Pyne Arms in East Down.
(The Prancing Pony?)

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

You blog is making me very nostalgic this morning. We used to live right next to our village pub. It was such a wonderful place to land at the end of a week or the end of a long walk. It actually burned down - the thatch caught fire - and we missed it for a while till amazingly the brewery rebuilt it. They did wonderful food and whilst we weren't big drinkers we did go regularly and it was lovely on Christmas morning to get the nod from the landlord as you came through the door and could get your "usual" put up on the bar and beat the crowds of visitors. Thanks for sharing what you get up to. It looks so lovely and I like the fact you're so outdoorsey which is where I prefer to be myself!