Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 24 September 2008

Leafy Lanes.

Had a full day at school and I've just had a phone call to ask me to teach the little ones again tomorrow instead of going swimming with the year 2s as planned. Everyone at work is going down with sore throats and temperatures, that's fairly usual for the beginning of term. I can feel the beginning of a cold but I usually manage to battle on. I have the added incentive that if I don't work I don't get paid.

More pictures from yesterday's journey home.

A back road in the river valley near Snapper.

The main road ,(wide enough for two cars to pass easily), to Bratton Flemming is in between the hedges running across the picture.

A typical back road, if you meet another car one of you has to reverse to a passing place.


A farmer's track.



One of the many twisting lanes that climb the hills.




Another track; these are fine when it is dry or if you are driving a landrover but I wouldn't like to try them in wet weather with my little micra.






3 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

love these posts. I just imagine you buzzing about the lines in your micra snapping pictures as you go. Blog paparrazzi!

Marrisa said...

Looks exactly like where I grew up and where my parents live now. I used to always tut and moan about being late for school when we had to reverse back to a passing place every morning!!

x

Catching the Magic said...

Loving these photos! My Mum used to zip to school in Odiham, Hampshire, along single lanes like that - and she often had some stories to tell about crazy drivers (of course she was never one of them).