Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 28 September 2008

Morning Visitors.

We were enjoying yet another sunny day with a lie in and a cup of tea when we realised that Coral and her foal were walking about on the lawn by the conservatory. Not a good idea, so I leapt out of bed, threw on some clothes and phoned next door before going outside and grabbing a bucket. Coral was quite skittish, cantering across the lawns, so I decided I would just calm them down and wait for my neighbour as I didn't want to send them flying up the road. My neighbour soon came and took them back down to the stables where they will be confined to quarters until the fence can be mended. Not too much damage apart from hoof prints in the lawn, but the grass will soon grow.
Went to church in Ilfracombe. Some of the youngsters raised money for a youth cafe that the church is opening in town, by auctioning themselves for a day. Their descriptions of themselves were very honest eg- not too good at cooking but willing to learn. it was all good fun and they raised a lot of money. Afterwards dropped in at Tesco so I could buy chocolate for yet another chocolate chunk cake.

The coast is on the right of the middle lamp post.

Then it was off to the car boot sale. I estimated over 600 buyers' cars in the field. I enjoy hunting for bargains though I try to be selective in what I buy. My aim is to declutter, not fill the house up again. I was especially pleased to get some Habitat paper lampshades that I had intended buying from Habitat the next time I went to Exeter or Bristol. I'm typing this post by the light of a touch lamp that a stall holder gave me last week because he just didn't want to take it home.

Not much else done today, the boys have just returned from a hike down to East Down and I think the cake is disappearing rapidly.

No comments: