Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 23 September 2008

Local Valleys.


Looking across the tops of the hills of the hills towards Bideford Bay.
I'm a morning person so usually I don't have a problem with the 6.00 alarm. This morning it was pitch black, (we never draw the curtains), and I really didn't feel like getting up but it's no good breaking the routine and Romas would never get out of bed without several wake-up calls. I was planning a peaceful kitchen tidying for the morning when the phone rang with a call to work. So I've spent the whole day teaching and will be teaching all day tomorrow and Thursday. This morning was my first time with the new reception children (4/5yrs) and apart from a few tears when the Mums brought them in, we had a good morning. I've now been at the school so long that I could recognise family likenesses and even remember some of them as babies. So far this term I've had to try and remember the names of 120 children only 15 of whom I've taught before. I'm getting there slowly.
We had sunshine for most of the day so I drove a roundabout way home to take some local landscape pictures hopefully during the sunny spells. Today's series of pictures are of lush valleys with the trees just starting to change colour.














2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Oh Engand, fair England where the grass is greener and the hedges more ancient than our new world counterparts in New Zealand. Thanks for the reminder of home!

Catching the Magic said...

I can feel the history in the countryside when I look at these photographs - imagining Knights in armour on their trusty steads. Dah! I'm feeling homesick now!