Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 6 October 2009

!!!

Despite the grey skies and threatening rain Peter and I decided to go for a walk at Morte Point this morning as it is not often that we're both at home in the week. As we drove up the hill it was straight into low lying cloud and rain but by the time we got to Mortehoe the rain was easing off.

Out on the cliffs the bracken has developed its coppery autumnal colour contrasting with the bright green of the grass which is still growing well in the warm and wet conditions that we've been having.

We managed to spot one seal floating lazily in the almost flat sea.






As we walked along the path we exchanged Good Mornings with a walker coming in the opposite direction. Nothing unusual about that you might think except for the fact that apart from a large back pack and a pair of boots he was wearing ....... nothing, actually I've just asked Pete and neither of us can remember if he was wearing boots! A little odd for North Devon. I think I would have been even more taken aback if I had been on one of my solitary photo walks. We did notice that a little further on he donned a pair of shorts which was a good thing as the next 2 groups of people that he walked past included ladies well into their 60s. I don't think they would have been very amused at his lack of attire.
Back to work in the afternoon. Luckily the sun came out in time for afternoon play and was even toasting my back as I stood outside with the children.

On the journey home it was back into the cloud layer. I took these pictures when I got out to collect our recycling box , we've had several stolen so it is best to collect it even if it is pouring with rain. I suppose they make quite useful storage boxes until the recycling men break the top edges as they bang them down on the ground upside down. I'm still wondering what to do with the 2 handy composting caddies with handles and lids that we were issued with. All our weeds and compostable scraps go on our own compost heap in the chickens' run.

4 comments:

Julie said...

i love all those pictures... and did I read write that the man was just wearing boots and his pack? Nothing else? I was a bit confused.

happyone said...

I must say that is one thing I've never come across with all the walking that I do. That is so funny!!!

Ruta M. said...

Yes Julie,
He was completly naked ! though I'm just presuming he was wearing boots as we can't actually remember. It was such a surprise.

Domestic Executive said...

Good grief - that is taking back to nature a little far!