Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 29 October 2009

A Nothing Much Day.

The Purple Beech tree in the garden has turned a nice copper colour. Soon it will shed its leaves and there will be 6 months of bare branches. I've had to take it quietly again today . I have managed to list another 10 jobs to apply for. My web cam arrived today so I'll get Linas to set it up so that I can include my Skype details on my applications. I can only keep on trying.
I was looking for the address of Keele University (so I could send Romas a card), when I came across this aerial view of the campus. Romas tells me, via email, that he is working hard. When it is something he enjoys like his music he does put in 100% so hopefully he is making the best use of his time. I did manage to give the card to our postman when he came down to the house but as today is day 1 of another 3 days of postal strikes I'm not sure when it will arrive.

2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Great to know you're still persisting with the applications. I can't believe you are not being snapped up though as there is a dearth of teachers here and always reports of shortages.

Ruta M. said...

Currently there are 250 adverts for primary teachers in the Education Gazette but there must also be a lot of new teachers applying for the same jobs that I'm going after if schools are getting 50+ applicants. I'll just to have to keep on applying.