Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 25 October 2009

Wave Watching.

We really enjoyed having a lie in this morning especially as the clocks went back giving us an extra hour. It was still very windy and as neither of us was 100% fit we decided to drive down to Woolacombe. We hadn't realised just how crowded it would be due to the half-term holiday. We weren't going to pay £4 to use the main car park so we drove along the road where it is free to park at this time of year - if you can find a place. It wasn't until we were right out by Coombesgate beach that we found a spot. A good happenstance as though we had driven past before we had never been down on that beach. The headland in the background is Morte Point , our favourite walking spot.


There are 100 steps to get down to the beach but it is worth it.
I wouldn't mind living in one of those houses. Unfortunately most of them are holiday lets or hotels and there is a massive premium for having such wonderful views.





The waves were very messy and although there was the usual flock of 'seals' (surfers) in the water at Woolacombe it didn't look like anyone was catching any waves. There were a couple of people kite surfing quite far out.
We had a good stroll on the beach. Peter got his revenge on my continual stopping to take photos by not mentioning that the waves were coming dangerously close and all of a sudden I was surrounded by water and had a very wet foot, I ran before the other one got soaked. Back up on the cliff we sat on one of the many benches and watched the crashing waves and the darkening sky. It was overcast for the rest of the day and so I have got most of my planning done. I just need to add in the phonics for each day and then that job is done. Linas has cooked a Chinese stir-fry so I'm off to enjoy my supper.

2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Great beach views - those houses are definitely front line. I bet they have fabulous views, sunshine and then get beaten down during winter. Tell Peter that we think your photography efforts are worth his patience!

happyone said...

I wouldn't mind living in one of those houses either. Great views.
We don't change our clocks until this weekend coming up.