Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 13 October 2009

A Golden Sunrise.

I stopped on the way to work to try and capture the sunrise over the hills.My camera couldn't really cope with the contrast and kept making the foreground far too dark.
And the sky wasn't quite this deep shade of gold, more a peachy colour.

The weather has been good all day but the clear sky has lead to a plummet in temperatures. Nearly time to turn the central heating on or chop up some more wood for the woodburner.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Looks as if the sky is on fire.

Domestic Executive said...

I actually love the silhouette effect it makes the colours all the more drammatic. Great pictures - you have a knack of capturing the atmosphere brilliantly.