Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 3 October 2009

Windy Weather



The hanging baskets are still looking quite good and make a nice splash of colour by the front door. Elsewhere in the garden there are still plenty of flowers but the lack of sun does make it look a bit dismal.

It wasn't raining when I made this video, just windy. I avoided ground level views because it's looking a bit messy at the moment.
It would have been lovely to have a long lie-in this morning listening to the wind blowing through the trees but Linas needed me to drive him to town for his CBT, (motorbike proficiency training) , as this is required before he renews his bike licence. Very sensible too as it will make me slightly less worried when he eventually brings his bike home and goes out on the road. It will at least mean an end to us having to drive him everywhere though on days like today with gusting winds it is understandable that he would prefer not to ride his bike. As I was in town I did some shopping and also changed a hoody that I had bought for Pete, my initial choice being too big for his taste. I also bought myself some trousers for work and was to pleased to find that not only were they in sale but that there was an extra 20% off today. Once I got home my aches and pains caught up with me and I succumbed and took some of my pain killers which have killed the pain but also made me rather dozy, well- more than usual that is. Probably better if I don't do the rest of my school planning today as it might not make sense tomorrow. Heavy rain has just set in so I guess there won't be a car boot sale tomorrow. We're almost at the stage of needing a fire in the evenings though we do tend to snuggle up under the various sofa throws that I have crocheted over the years. Even before it all became very fashionable I liked the idea of being able to create a beautiful item from surplus materials. I enjoy the challenge of using up oddments tastefully. I used to do patchwork but in these days of duvets bedspreads are not so practical and there is a limit to how many cushion covers you need. I like crochet because it's so easy to do while watching tv and you just keep on going until you've had enough or run out of wool.

3 comments:

Sharon Stanley said...

I think a rainy evening spent snuggling under a homemade throw sounds lovely....and a little fire makes it even better. Fall is here and I am off to a chilli cookoff...then...who knows...a snuggle by a warm fire of my own!

Domestic Executive said...

Crikey, almost looks as windy as it is here. Keep warm and rest up - no reason to rush around when it's so miserable outside.

happyone said...

I love to snuggle up under hand made blankets and afghans too.
The petunias in the baskets are so pretty!!