Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 20 October 2009

Wet Play Today.

A good blogger has her camera with her at all times so even getting stuck behind the dustmen was an opportunity not to be wasted. This was just before I turned into the school grounds at 7.45 this morning.
We've had some torrential showers today and for the first time the children had to have 'wet play' in the classroom. At the beginning of term I found some old stock exercise books which I had given them to use as Rainy Day books and it was lovely to see how many of them choose to do their own writing during the wet play time.

The plus side of a rainy day are the skies that follow. The automatic exposure on the camera makes for some interesting effects. This was on the way home near Upcott Cross.


And I also managed to capture some views of the setting sun over Hartland Point.

2 comments:

happyone said...

That sky is beautiful.
Dustmen, I always liked that word better than garbage men like we say here. :-)

Sarah Lee said...

The third photography blew me away and then the others to follow, as I scrolled down, were also a delight to see. I do enjoy following your scenic drives to school and back! The countryside is so very beautiful where you live.