Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 28 October 2009

Taking Things Quietly.

I've had a very quiet day today as my back has not been good. I don't think that yesterday's walk was the problem, probably the exercises, (given by the physio to loosen my upper back muscles,) weren't the right thing to do at the moment. So today I've had to take things very easy and all I've managed to get done is some marking of books. Talking of physios, I had a phone message from the hospital saying that my guy wanted to refer me to someone else. Either he's got fed up with me or he realises he's out of his depth. Before I phoned the hospital back I checked with a friend who also did not have a good experience at the physio dept. She has severe lower back pain and for 6 months the physio never did any manipulations, just berated her for her posture and gave her exercises to do. When my friend explained that the exercises were putting her in a lot of pain she was told she just had to work through the pain! Eventually my friend gave up and now pays to go to a chiropractor who is horrified that she was being told to do things that caused her so much pain. Unfortunately this was the same physio that I was being offered but luckily when I phoned the hospital and said ever so politely could I see someone else there was no problem and now I'm booked in with someone else.
In an brief moment of sunshine I walked round the garden to admire the many flowers that are still blooming. The baskets round the front door are on their last legs but still have too many flowers to be emptied out. Sometimes I put in winter flowering pansies but they don't usually live up to their name and die back for most of the winter. I'll probably go for the bare look and put the baskets away until spring. In the flower beds quite a few of the hardy geraniums are still in flower adding a dash of pink and purple to the autumn palette.

These garden lilies are also still doing well, I planted the red variety at the top of the slope so that the sun shines through the flowers making them light right up. Oh , and we've still got the nice warm weather though the forecast is that it will turn cold by the weekend.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Really like the picture of your door.
Hopefully your new doctor will be able to help you!

Domestic Executive said...

I was shocked to read this about your physio - I worry that despite you getting someone else to help you, there are other people who will continue to have to put up with poor care. Hope that the new person is more helpful and competent than the last one.