Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 15 October 2009

Greyness Abounds.

Both the morning and evening have been hazy and grey, with some sunshine in between, so there haven't been any photo opportunities. Instead I've found a couple of photos taken in the past week, to brighten up the post.
Even without the sun shining on it the yellow berries on this ornamental Rowan tree light up the whole tree . This is on the road leading down to the stables but if I ever had the space I would be tempted to plant this tree. It is such a cheerful beacon as I drive down the hill each evening. I like trees but I also crave light and views so have chopped down more trees in the garden than I have planted. I'm not a chainsaw person but I've felled 30ft beech trees with my trusty bow saw and a bit of rope to send them the right way. School is ticking over, we're all tired and looking forward to the half-term holiday in a week's time. Lots of staff and children have the usual autumn colds but it doesn't look like anyone has gone down with swine flu. The latest UK figures show 27,00 last week with the numbers doubling every fortnight.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I have been debating on whether or not we should get the H1N1 shot. And the flu shot isn't here yet. It is so grey and sad here too. Missing Fall and wanting it to warm up some!!!

Domestic Executive said...

It's strange to think you are admiring Autumn colour and I'm enjoying Spring. Hope that flu isn't spreading too quickly.