Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 21 October 2009

Chasing Rainbows.

Sunshine and showers today, a combination that if you're lucky produces rainbows. I stopped just outside of Shirwell and even climbed up onto a hedge to get these rather dark and grainy pictures.
The photo doesn't actually show it but I could see exactly where I needed to dig for that pot of gold.

The whole arc of the rainbow was visible but too big for my camera.


I've spent the afternoon planning at school but haven't managed to print out all my daily plans as we had to squeeze 2 afternoons' worth of work into 1. Originally we were going to have Friday afternoon as well, (a nice start to the half-term), but school finances have put an end to me coming out of my class on Friday. I'll have to finish my plans in my own time at home instead. The run-up to Christmas is always a lovely time to be in school with all the Christmas art and craft to do as well as rehearsing for the whole school production. This year it is a play about a rat. Each class of Year 1 children do 2 dances which are easy to choreograph as the stage space is very limited. Only 2 days to the holiday :)

1 comment:

Sarah Lee said...

Always love a good rainbow. Enjoy the little break of the hols. So lovely that you are looking forward to the build up to Christmas with your class.

Sophie loves rainbows and recently asked for one to be painted on her face at the Kindi fair. The chap doing it was amazed that she knew all seven colours in order and was making me laugh saying, 'What colour is indigo?!'. She loves 'The Rainbow Fairy' book series and we've read through them a couple of times already. I shall have to show her your photographs.