Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 26 April 2010

Back To The Dentist.

For most of the day there has been 100% cloud cover though obviously not too thick as it was relatively bright. It was only towards the end of the day that a few blue patches appeared and then for a short while we returned to blue skies dotted with fluffy clouds. Before starting my gravel washing I dug out dandelions from the lawn and removed some weeds from the rain softened flower beds. I did a little gravel washing in the evening and spotted about 5 tiny trout fry close by me in the stream.
I worked an extra hour at school this afternoon which tied in nicely with a dentist appointment. This was a relatively pain free visit as all that needed doing was a little more adjustment to the height of one crown and a replacement filling. The filling didn't actually need replacing but I had finally got fed up with having a grey patch showing through one of my front teeth. It had been filled from behind in the days when NHS patients only got amalgam filings (you still do unless it's a front tooth). My previous (private) dentist kept suggesting that it wouldn't cost too much to replace it with a white filling but in my mind £50 is a sizable sum and I stuck with the grey filling. Finally vanity overcame prudence especially when I found out I could have it done on the NHS. It was even better than that, because I had asked when I was having my 2 crowns replaced everything was covered by the one fee of £200. So at least I got my money's worth even if I did have to suffer at the hands of a not so excellent dentist.

With a bit of a struggle another 2lbs lost this week. This weekly weigh in is a great motivator, it took me a year to finally get down to weighing myself each day and watching what I eat. This is the only way that works for me. I do need the thought in my mind that some one else; diet club, practice nurse or you my dear reader, will be noting my weight loss each week and that kicks in my desire not to fail.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

Losing that amount of weight takes courage and tenacity. Well done for keeping going. I bet you feel better for it even if it feels a struggle some time. I may need to get my own chart to avoid the usual winter creep.