Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 2 April 2010

A New Baby.

Looked out of the window as I was getting ready to go and do some gardening to see a new foal out in the field. What a little cutie. (I did film him but the internet has taken nearly an hour to upload 3 photos so I'm not attempting to get that on yet.) He was racing round the field on slightly wobbly legs with his mum keeping close to him.Of course I was straight up there cooing and taking photos. I spoke to Sarah a bit later and found out that he was born yesterday afternoon. His mum is an Exmoor pony called Belle and he will be known as Ben though he does have a long registered name too.
Watching with great interest from the other field are Persy (born last year) and Gift. Persy's mum, Coral was also in the field and is due to foal any day now as well.

Constant showers and foal watching interrupted my gardening but at long last the scree garden is clear of autumn leaves. During the heavy rain I sit under the shelter at the end of the garden and enjoy the view. It was a bonus to see this rainbow and luckily my camera was close at hand.

No comments: