Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 12 April 2010

Brrr.

Quite chilly this morning, all the way down to 6C and overcast as well. For a while I thought that the grey cloud overhead would drop some rain on us. All turned out well and the sun reappeared in the afternoon. The wind made it good drying weather and though my new washing machine isn't arriving till Wednesday I hand washed several of the crocheted throws we keep in the sitting room. Yellow is the colour of spring in this garden, yellow daffs and primroses accented by the bright blue of the grape hyacinths. I love blue flowers, sadly the ceonothus in the scree garden looks beyond revival. The shades of pink and purple shown by the heathers are simply forerunners of this garden's summer colours.
These furry little buds will eventually become luscious blackcurrants hanging like miniature bunches of grapes.
My day was spent on my knees in the old grass bed, it's beginning to look good. One third of the soil is cleared and ready for planting. With any luck I may be replanting the grasses next weekend.

The diet continues, it's hard work at times but at least the weight loss carries on.

No comments: