Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 8 April 2010

A Sunny Day.

Lots of lovely sunshine again today. The temp was right up to a balmy 14C and is set to stay like that for another few days. There was a little wind in the afternoon which helped the washing out on the line to dry. Usually I just hang things over the Rayburn but I'm working my way through all of Romas' washing which he brought back from uni. Because the trees are still leafless I get a clear view from the kitchen sink window right up to the ponies' field. Ben spends most of his time cantering round and round Belle with the occasional rest in the sun. It should be fun when Coral eventually has her foal and the 2 of them get to play together.
Having finally worked my way through the list of 'tidying' jobs that needed doing in the garden I've now started on one of my projects - refurbishing a grass bed. This was originally covered with stone chippings and I'm attempting to salvage the stone so that once it has been washed it can go back on the bed. This involves a lot of raking and hand collection but at least I can do that sitting on the ground. It gives me lots of time to enjoy the sun and listen to the birds. The call duck has been strangely quiet, either having a companion has calmed it down or possibly Paul got fed up with the maniacal quacking and ........ . I shall have to ask Sarah when her lad isn't with her.

3 comments:

happyone said...

Glad to hear you had some good weather for hanging out the laundry. I didn't have a dryer for many years, but our new townhouse came with one. I hardly ever use it. I love hanging the clothes outside!

Elora said...

Ruta,

Is that Angelina in bloom...or what? It looks like a succulent I have, but which has never bloomed. It's very pretty, though, but if it could bloom (or what I could do to make it bloom) it would be lovlier still....any ideas?

Elora

Ruta M. said...

I've always thought this is a saxifrage. Definitely not a succulent. I couldn't find it in my posh gardening book but it is very common locally. I tend to put things in and either they grow or they don't.