Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 13 April 2010

A Visit To Town.

I had to go into town this morning , library, bank etc, and saw that many of the ornamental trees are covered in blossom. Up here in the hills we are always a few weeks behind town for such things and there aren't many cherry blossom trees amongst the farmers' fields. Blackthorn has started to flower but isn't that common and later there will be the May / Hawthorn. Poor Linas also had to go into town to pay a £40 parking fine that he got when he parked his scooter on the first day of the summer tariff on a street where parking had been allowed all winter. A spiteful parking warden had ticketed a whole row of cars as well as Linas' scooter on that first day. We spent the minimum time in town, but I still managed to drop into a few charity shops and found myself a large, lightweight fleece hoody in stripes of pink, grey and black. Charity shops are not that cheap these days , sometimes more expensive than Primark but at least I was supporting a good charity even if I didn't need to spend £5 on yet another item of clothing. One must have these mad moments occasionally. Back home I played in the dirt again taking the occasional break to go and chat to Ben. His top teeth are through now making having your finger sucked a bit of a painful process. I'm so glad that even though I don't work with horses any more I can still wander up the hill to see the horses and the foals are always so friendly.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Those mad moments keep life interesting!

Julie said...

that stinks about the parking fine. Lame. But I do think 5 pounds is good for your new look...loosing all that weight :) Good for you!