Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 6 March 2011

Another Walk.

It wasn't as sunny today but we still got out to Morte Point for a walk. We did our usual shorter walk as Peter's ankle wasn't up to another long hike. Due to the chill wind and lack of sun there were less people around but once we had wrapped up well we were fine. We gave up glamour in favour of comfort. At least today we didn't leave the flask of coffee at home, as happened yesterday. The sea was fairly calm and we haven't seen any seals for some time. They must be off in quieter breeding grounds. On the way home I had to bring the car to a halt as 2 pheasants refused to get out of the road. They then walked onto the verge and started sparring with each other.
Back home I was very tempted to go and work outside but I do hate getting to Sunday evening and still be working on my planning so after quickly unblocking a down pipe drain that I noticed was overflowing (stinky old rotting leaves) I did my planning that is after getting some bread started and having another go at a chestnut cake. The last one was not very chestnutty so I reduced the amount of flour, added a handful of sugar, a chopped up half a bar of 70% dark chocolate and some flaked almonds left over from Christmas. I'm testing the cake as I type and it is good. That was however the last of the cheap tins of pureed chestnuts which are normally quite expensive so no more chestnut cake for the time being.
Peter is going to run a repair disc on my PC now so maybe I'll be able to get my photos without everything grinding to a halt.

No comments: