Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Jaws The Tragic Koi Carp.

This morning it was an organised rush to get the kids in early, registered, toileted and ready to walk to the local secondary school, just across the road, for a performance by the performance poet - Justin Coe. He was very good and the children enjoyed the whole event. There were almost a few tears at the Tale of Jaws the Tragic Koi Carp sung to the tune of Puff the Magic Dragon and plenty of laughs at the references to bums and pants. Back at school we had a final run through of our dances for tomorrow's dance festival. The weather was amazingly mild, as good as any (British) summer's day and the children were all out playing without jumpers. It was too nice to stay at work so I left school fairly early and got home in time for another walk up the road. It is good to stretch my legs after a day in school and let my mind wander in the relative peace of the countryside.
All around new leaves are appearing and even a few early flowers.

Once I got to the road I turned the other way and walked down past Ashelford Corner. When I'm out I do find it hard to decide when to turn round and head for home so I usually stop at a gateway and stare at the view for a while before walking back.
No spectacular sunset tonight, just a haze drawing over the hills and a darkening of the skies.

2 comments:

Elora said...

Lovely as usual, Ruta! What a delightful walk during which you can unwind!

Elora

happyone said...

I know the feeling of wanting to keep walking.
I saw my first daffodil blooming today. :-)