Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 3 March 2011

Still Here.

Last night's clear skies meant that it was freezing first thing. I had to clear the ice from my car windscreen before setting off and by the time I got to the top of the hill it was iced over once more. More sunshine all through the day so I've been taking every opportunity to get my class outside. I shuffled round my timetable and took the children down to the Secret Garden to draw maps and collect some leaves and other small items. All around there are signs of spring, buds on the willow tree, crocus and narcissi flowering and new growth everywhere. We then had an impromptu skipping session outside and tomorrow the children will be down there again, alas only 1/2 the class at a time so I'll be doing some on-line charts with the other half while my TA and her group look for birds. The children are rather optimistic in their bird sightings, I'm sure that if there was a flamingo on their check list some of them would swear they had seen one. I daren't upload any new pictures so here are some snowdrops taken this day last year.

No comments: