Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 13 March 2011

Back Again.

It was hard to look at the sun shining off the sea today and imagine the destructive power that has caused so much devastation on the other side of the world. Every day we hear of disasters and the suffering of people due to the vagaries of nature. It is hard to comprehend the extent of what has happened in Japan or what may still be happening. I can only thank God that my family lives in a place where our worries are about finding a job or our miserable weather. The weather here has been warming up though the snow has been falling heavily up in Scotland. With the sun out once more it was time to put our boots on and head out for the cliffs. At the car park when I came back to the car after buying a parking ticket (free car parking is a thing of the past here), Peter was still in the car accompanied by a small black cat! We quickly realised that it was neither tiny Elwen or that heffalump Patch but the question was - could it possibly be one of the stable's cats which had jumped in the car while we were loading the rubbish to take up the road? This cat was too comfortable and friendly and a little too big to be Patch and Elwen's mother so we presumed this was a Mortehoe cat which was simply extra friendly. It was quite relaxed and happy to be picked up and once I let it go outside of the car it wandered round then lay down in a patch of sunlight by a car. Everywhere spring flowers were drinking in the sun.

We took the longer route heading first towards Rockham Bay and then swinging back round Morte Point. It was warm enough to spend a while just watching the waves while we drank our coffee.
I'm pleased that I'm back on line once more. Peter cobbled my old pc together last week but I could only get Google Chrome which doesn't support Blogger. This week-end my new mother board arrived and I now have a brand new rebuilt pc. Of course it works differently and some of my usual stuff is missing which is intensely annoying but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Welcome back. I miss your daily blog. Your photographs are lovely to see. Thank you. Harriet