Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Owl Viewing.

"The secret of happiness is to count your blessings while others are adding up their troubles." I've just read this quote on a friend's Face book page and thought it very apt. I'm dreadful for moaning on about all the things that are going on and making myself more miserable in the process. So today was good in that all my parents turned up on time and I kept each meeting to the required less than 10 mins. Also when I found out that my poor TA (teaching assistant) has laryngitis and won't be in for the rest of the week, I was 'lent' a capable student from another class and was able to get on with sorting out books for the parents to see as parents would be arriving almost as soon as the children left the classroom.

Driving home with the gentle rain obscuring the hills, I didn't even bother to look in the mirror to see what was happening with the sunset. It wasn't until I was on the last stretch that I spotted the break in the cloud cover with the setting sun highlighting the tops of the clouds.


Too wet and a bit too late to finish the mowing tonight. I've eaten some of Peter's sausages which turned out well, will do a simple plan for tomorrow and head for bed. Currently my class are getting very excited watching a pair of Barn Owls on the Internet. I've found a nest cam (Barn Owl Trust nest cam)and for the last few weeks we have been forlornly looking at an empty nest box with just a few owl pellets. Yesterday there were 2 owls in the box which caused a great amount of excitement. Hopefully we'll get to see eggs and owlets in the future though owls do have a tendency to finish off the weakest chick.

No comments: