Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 28 March 2011

Grass Cutting Begins.

It was a bit of a shock to the system to be getting up in the dark once more. That's the price of having an extra hour of daylight in the evening after the clocks went forward on Saturday night. At least when I got home I was able to get the lawnmower out for the first cut of the year. The ordinary lawns weren't too hard though I can see an awful lot of moss in the grass, never mind - it's all green, but the hard job was the yearly cut of the wild flower meadow patches. These are where I allow the wild plants to grow naturally just cutting paths around them to make them look part of the garden. However the matted grass needs cutting right down at this time of the year or the flowering plants will be smothered. It should be a job for a strimmer but that's not good for my back so I heave the mower around instead. No gardening tomorrow as it's the first of 2 parents' evenings. No more than 10 mins each and I will have the wall clock down on the table beside me to make sure I keep to time. Today in school the day was all mixed up as they were holding interviews for the Year 2 job (my class - and no I don't wish to be full-time forever). We did have the bonus of a nice buffet lunch to meet the candidates.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We did the clocks a few weeks ago so I've been back to starting my walk in the dark again. It won't be long though before it is light again.
A bit too early here to be mowing yet.
Your flowers look so pretty.