Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 23 September 2019

Colder.

It's been cold and often wet today. We're both feeling very tired but there were still things to be done. Peter had to pick up a fresh barrel of beer so I got a lift to and from town where I went to pick up the rest of our prescriptions which hadn't been ready last week. That and my exercises were about all I did today. While we've come back minus any injuries I am sporting some dramatic bruises on my arms and legs probably from leaning against the ladder.
A bit more from Borth.
The view from the terrace never fails to enchant and there always seems to be something going on out in the bay. 
On the first evening we saw a small sail boat moored in the bay. Later on four lifeboat men in a rib went up to the boat which got us speculating. Were we going to see a rescue? For a while it looked to be so as the boat was towed off by the lifeboat men. But then after going round in a big circle the lifeboat men went off leaving the boat in the same place. More likely it was a training exercise. At the end of all this the rowing club crews out in the Celtic longboats paid a visit to the yacht after a long row out on the millpond like sea.
While in Borth we tended to retire quite early. Peter found that plugging the existing tv. aerial into the radio gave a clear signal so we listened to Radio 4. Or rather I did as Peter usually dropped off early while I was still doing my exercises. I didn't bring my weights but it was good to stretch out my back and do some core work.
This evening there was a ring of the doorbell and there was my neighbour asking if I had an onion. Her husband's been painting and she needed to get rid of the smell. At least I think that was why she needed the onion. (Googled it and yes it is supposed to soak up the smell.)

No comments: