Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 5 September 2019

Cool and Breezy.

Windy again today with a late appearance of the sun. 
I drove to the sawmill to collect the wood all ready to be made into a tv unit. Looking at my inspiration below I see that the middle shelf is set further back so I should have had it cut narrower.  A little extra work for me. I don't plan to shape the sides until we are in Borth and know exactly where the tv will be. Going into the sawmill workshop the air was filled with the glorious smell of fresh cut wood. I'm assuming that everyone likes that smell. It takes me back to my childhood when workshops and studios also smelled of wood. Maybe that's why from an early age I announced that when I grew up I was going to be a carpenter like Joseph. That lasted until about 6 or 7 when I decided to become a vet and that ambition lasted until I failed to get the grades to take up my place at vet school. Mind you I don't think I was studious enough to get through the 7 years of training and I'd have a hard time putting anything to sleep.
With the sun out in the afternoon I decided to finish off sealing the conservatory roof. I'd done the accessible side but a little rain was getting in on the side nearest the garden wall. The difficulty was that the space between the conservatory and the garden wall is only just enough to slide into and even if I put the ladder up neither the plastic conservatory gutter nor the trellis of the garden wall were sturdy enough to lean the ladder against. Luckily our aluminium ladder is the sort that converts into an A shape and you can vary the joining point and make one side shorter than the other. This I did sitting the short side on the decking and the long side on the paving below which gave me enough height to reach nearly halfway along the roof. Hopefully that will do it otherwise the last option to reach the rest of the conservatory roof is to hang out of the window of Peter's study and I don't fancy doing that.
I was flopped in the armchair after a pedalling session when I noticed what looked to be a sheep in the front garden. Of course it wasn't, being the reflection of the fluffy fleece on the sofa but it made me smile.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh yes, I love the smell of a wood shop too. We smell that smell quite often around here.:)