Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 8 September 2019

Sunny.

A bright sunny day with very little wind as the sound of the church bells drifted in through open windows. I however was off to do some shopping at Tesco's. I checked out their other microwaves but didn't return our one this time. I tried to return a packet of blades to B&Q that went with the uber wallpaper removing tool that turned out to be useless except for digging holes in plaster. They refused a refund as I didn't have the receipt and although legally I don't need one I wasn't going to argue over £2.50. 
In the afternoon I began working on the TV unit. Optimistically I thought I might get it done in a day but going shopping cut into my time. First I arranged and measured repeatedly to determine the ideal spacing of the shelves. Although all that can be seen are the two middle pieces cut to size I first had to move a lot of very heavy boxes in the garage to get access to an old piece of wood being used as a giant bench. I then cut off roughly the amount I needed before bringing it back to the garden to cut accurately.  I used the jigsaw which isn't big enough to cut the two inch planks and even so my cut wasn't 100% perpendicular. I stopped at that point as I ran out of energy. The middle shelf needs three inches cut off along its length which I'll do by hand, the cut edge being at the back where it won't be seen. Then I'll join the end pieces using a slot system and maybe a couple of screws. After that it should be plain sailing.

No comments: