Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 24 September 2019

Wet.

Today has ben one of those days when some things have gone well and some not so well. After a night of heavy rain we woke to a rainy morning. Perfect for a bit of a lie-in to ease those 2-day-after aches and pains but Speedy had an appointment at the vet. Just his yearly vaccination but he still cried like a baby when he was in the carrier. Poking my finger through the bars and rubbing his chin did calm him down and we were seen promptly. Heavy showers interspersed with brief hot spells continued throughout the day giving me the opportunity to get on with the tv. unit. We'd brought the circular saw home from Borth but not only was it very heavy making it awkward to use but the blade had the biggest teeth, definitely not suitable for cutting my expensive wood. Instead I used the hand saw. It took a while but the job was done. After a long rest I thought it would be a simple matter to put all the pieces together but not so. The front edge of the middle shelf had very obvious saw marks (from the mill) which needed sanding out. Having broken the palm sander this job was done with sandpaper and a lot of elbow grease. I may possibly be able to put it together tomorrow. Another not-so-good moment was ringing up to find out why I've heard nothing about my cardio referral and being told I may have to wait for up to a year! That's even though the NHS states maximum waiting time should be 18 weeks. I think I might go a see my GP.
Last photos from Borth.
It may sound strange but this is almost my favourite view as it's the first proper view we get when we pull up outside the front door (on the right). We may have driven up with the sea on one side but once we step out of the car there's that glorious hit of warmth, sea air and the sound of the waves. Bliss.
There is a tiny view from the back garden, that's the shed on the right. One idea might be to have a raised deck there but then again with the view at the front do we need it? 
Having carefully tied back the montbretia on the last visit this time I began chopping it down. Only the leaves which need doing whether they stay or not. I don't like the orange clashing with all the pinks and blues of the hydrangeas so I'll move the montbretia elsewhere. 
I took this sunset on the first night before I'd cut back the sticking up bits of hedge which kept messing up the autofocus on my camera. Even on the last wet morning there was beauty in the low clouds sitting on top of the hills.
Breaking News- Dingles is up for sale. It was interesting to look at the details and see the changes. Not that much, they've just painted the kitchen cupboards and the wood in the bathroom white, replaced the hated Rayburn and turned the downstairs toilet into a wet room. Most of the walls are still the same colours and it looks like the bedrooms were set up for B&B. PS. Had another look and am very sad to see they have removed the wisteria, honeysuckle and climbing rose from the front of the house. Philistines!

1 comment:

happyone said...

I must be wonderful to hear the ocean so close.
Beautiful sky!
Hard to believe sometimes what new people do to the houses we all sell!!
I am waiting to see what is done to our old place!