Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 7 September 2019

Grey turning to Sun.

The morning looked quite grey so I wore my jacket for my walk into town but it soon warmed up and I stuffed the jacket into my backpack. I called in to the bank to pay for the last three skips we'd had in Borth. Apparently the skip hire is a lot cheaper than down here and because we have a driveway we don't have to apply for a licence to have a skip on the road which adds to the cost.
While in town I called in at the bank to check out some Which reviews using the library's log in. Which do their own testing and reading their reports cuts out fake reviews. The only problem is that it is expensive to have a subscription and using the one free month often leads to inadvertently signing up for a year. So when I need a review it's off to the library I go. I was checking out microwaves as the new one I bought 6 weeks ago from Tesco's has already begun to form a line of rust inside the oven. This used to happen with the cheap supermarket basic models I've had before but not for 12 or 18 months. I thought buying a more expensive model would prevent this from happening not escalate it. And we do wipe the inside including the roof each time we heat food up. Unfortunately the Which testing didn't cover rust formation but I'll still buy from their list of best buys once I get a refund from Tesco's.
This afternoon I was up in the loft to track down a particular photo of my mother I wanted to show somebody. I did find that photo but naturally I looked through the photos in the box. Sadly all too often there are no dates or names on the photos and I can only guess who the people are. Funnily enough looking at class photos I could still pick out my mother from the large groups of girls with similar hairstyles even though she would only have been about 12 or 13.

No comments: