Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 14 September 2019

Downalong.

I was awake early enough this morning to catch the setting moon before it disappeared behind a cloudbank. The sun shone all day long and I was able to get three loads of washing done, dried and ironed before snatching a little time out in the sun with Peter. In the morning I hoovered the whole house and the cat as he doesn't mind being hoovered with the nozzle attachment. I also cut the 'notches' in the smaller upright pieces of the tv unit. That involved the drill, jigsaw and handsaw to do the trickiest cutting of the whole job. I checked and rechecked my lines though if I had gone wrong I do have more of that wood in the garage.
 Downalong, St Ives.
Downalong lies between the harbour and Porthmeor Beach and is a warren of narrow passages, steps and slightly larger 'roads'. The Sloop dates back to 1312 and so no doubt do many of the granite cottages and now converted workshops and sail lofts.


You wouldn't think from these photos that in reality the area was swarming with tourists. I just took my time with the photos. 
My best friend with whom I stayed in contact when we moved to London, lived in the house with the pale blue door below. 
And this is where we spent our honeymoon in a ground floor flat in one of the cottages on the left.


No comments: